Tuesday 2 June 2015

Bohemian Decor

A bohemian at heart, my love of all things boho does not just stop at fashion. It extends to decor, furniture, colours, accessories, fabrics, nature...anything really that seem to have the free-spirited feel about it. 
Bohemian decor can be elegant, shabby chic, OTT baroque, or rustic. There are no rules yet there are rules to boho decor if that makes any sense?. The main rule for me is 'mismatching' items. The no rule for me is injecting my 'own personal' style: whether it's colour or minimal colour, crochet, fur, candles, flowers, intricately carved or painted items, shells, macrame, plants, gold, vintage or new furniture, art, wall hangings etc etc. 
As I like a variety of bohemian styles, from the pure white look, to rustic and through to the bold and colourful gypsy style, I decided to share with you what my favourite bohemian inspirations are.  Enjoy :-)

The Neutral Effect

Rustic & Natural

Bold & Bright

Baroque

Dodie Rosekrans in her Venetian Palazzo Brandolini

As you have seen here, you can veer into a few directions with bohemian style. You can create the looks cheaply or if you have the money, you can buy a Palazzo and do it the rich way! 
Either way, have fun if you are in the middle of a bohemian decor overhaul. 
See you next time. 
Love Gessica X














No comments:

Post a Comment